Top 5 things I learned from beauty school


Hello and welcome back to my beauty blog! Today I will be sharing my top 5 things I learnt from attending beauty school. I attended beauty school back in 2013 and there are a few things I found surprising/interesting during my time, this is 5 of them!



1. Water dries out your skin
I’m not sure if this is common knowledge or not but just using water to wash your face will actually dry and age your skin! Better get that cleanser out.


2.       You only need a tiny bit of product
I know we all love to lather ourselves in moisturizer and other beauty products but the truth is you need way less than you are probably using. Especially during winter people use more product however there is only so much your skin will absorb so it’s a huge waste.

3.       Sunscreen is your number 1 anti-aging product
Anti-ageing serums and products are great, but if you’re serious about your ageless routine protecting your skin from the sun should be your #1 priority.

4.       You need to have healthy skin to get microdermabrasion.
In fact, any good salon will/should assess your skin before you have the treatment. If your skin is not ready they should send you home with a recommended routine to get you ready. 


5.       There are more than those 3 common skin types
Everyone has different skin and there are more than dry, combination and oily skin types. Don’t limit yourself to an oily skincare routine when you might have an oily combo type! Do some research or go to a good salon to get your skin assessed J

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed my top 5, I look forward to writing more for you! See you in the next post



Comments