Mini rant, Drugstore Australian prices vs US/UK

Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today's post is very spontaneous and inspired by Black Friday sales.

 Black Friday sales always struck me as more of an American thing, but I was super excited to see Australian stores getting involved. It made me wonder the difference in our sales/prices and once again, Australians have an extreme mark up that makes me really mad (surely shipping in bulk doesn't cost that much, in fact I pay less for shipping buying 1 item)!

Here is a few comparisons (prices checked/converted 22/11/2016) I used Priceline for my Australian comparisons as they mostly use the RRP from the brand. 

REVLON Ultra Matte Lipstick

Walgreens $8.99US = $12.15AUD

Priceline $23.95 AUD

The difference $11.80
Are you serious Revlon? 

L'OREAL PARIS Infallible Matte Foundation 

Walmart $11.58US = $15.62AUD

Priceline $29.95AUD

The difference $14.33
COVERGIRL Full lash bloom by lashblast 

Walmart $9.21US = $12.43AUD

Priceline $17.95AUD

The difference $5.52
MAYBELLINE The Nudes palette

Walmart $8.98US = $12.12

Priceline $25.95AUD

The difference $13.83
REAL TECHNIQUES 100 arched powder

Real Techniques website $21US = $28.34
and you know what really gets me mad? If you tell real techniques website to display in AUS $ it's  $43.15

Priceline $49 


RANT OVER
I'm hoping these brands will take notice that this is not okay!

Thank you so much for reading, have you noticed similar price differences?
See you in the next post!



Comments