Acne Coverage Favourites




As some of you may know I used to suffer quite bad acne (2013-2015) So I thought I’d share my acne coverage routine I used to do, and maybe help a few of you out!

The Base
The first thing I started with was a good primer. There are so many on the market now.  Ones used to help treat acne, pore-fillers and colour correctors are all types I’d recommend for a great coverage base.

Concealer
Concealer is a very important part of the coverage routine and finding a good one will change your life. Obviously you’re looking for high coverage so I’d recommend a cream rather than liquid. Colour correction concealers can also help a lot, green especially for knocking out redness. I used to use the Maybelline concealer stick in green and Latonas cream corrector wheel.

Foundation
For the ultimate coverage use a CREAM or LIQUID foundation and set it with a POWDER foundation. If you can afford MAC, go for it! If not you’re not alone, I used to use the Maybelline Fit Me equivalents. For extra coverage apply the powder with a puff instead of a fluffy brush.

Setting
This step is optional but was important to me. My skin looked flawless in the morning but come night evidence of acne was peeping through. There are so many on the market for a range of prices. I used (and still do) the Model in the Bottle to finish my makeup however MIB is quite pricey. I’d recommend NYX or Australis for a cheaper option.

Thank you so much for reading! I’d love to know you skin experiences and your high coverage tips and tricks! Comment below


See you in the next post!

Comments