My Biore Pore Strip bruised me!

Hello there fellow beauty lovers!

Today brings a sad end to my love/hate relationship with pore strips... I was always told by my beauty instructors that pore strips were a big NO NO but those Instagram videos made them look so good and sooooooooooooooooooo satisfying. I've been using pore strips for about 3 years now, and in that time I've only used around 5. Why so little? I've always been afraid that using them too much would stretch my pores and result in more black heads. Alas it was a different tragedy that has brought my use of the strips to an end.

If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen my story picturing the lovely bruise I am now sporting on my nose. I always had in the back of my head that this may have been a risk I was taking, as when you are taught to wax you are told never to go over a curved area, instead breaking it into small sections. For example you would never put a strip of wax horizontally over a thigh. Why? because you'll cause bruising. This has always seemed a similar concept to the pore strips to me so I've always been worried about bruising my face. I'm sure the horrified look on my face would have been quite hysterical as I peeled back the strip to reveal my new red, giant freckle.

Now the bruise on my face is nothing serious - it isn't even sore. It's a 99% chance it's just a couple of broken capillaries caused by the stretching of my skin during the removal process. It's just not my ideal outcome of a beauty product. I'm hoping my new freckle will heal fast but until then my green concealer is going to get a workout.  

Comments

  1. did it go away? i just had it happen to me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just happened to me too, did it disappear? Certainly won’t be using pore strips again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes away in a few days to a week dont worry

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just happened to me and it was my first time using pore strips. Good to know it won't take long to go away. Also, never going to try this again lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same thing just happened to me! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here and I got a nose job and it almost looked like it made it bump up I knew there was a reason I stopped using them I just had so many blackheads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same ! I guess I won’t be looking my best tomorrow at my birthday pool party! How do you even cover it and suntan/ swim?

    ReplyDelete
  8. same thing happened to me i now officially hate pore strips

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did it go away? it happened to me today and mine is really bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, and like you, Googled to see if this was A. Normal and B. Would go away! Mine looks so awful!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :)